DUCK CREEK VILLAGE CABIN RENTALS ARE
LOCATED WITHIN MINUTES OF THE
ASPEN MIRROR LAKE
SKIING IN BRIAN HEAD
MOUNTAIN BIKE RIDING
ARCHES NATIONAL PARK
BRIAN HEAD SKIING ATVing
UTAH STATE PARK
16 THINGS TO DO WITHIN 16 MILES:
NORTH RIM GRAND CANYON
| LAS VEGAS, NEVADA IS ONLY THREE HOURS |
FROM DUCK CREEK VILLAGE IF YOU
WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY THE 24 HOUR
NIGHT LIFE DURING YOUR STAY!
CALL (435) 867-6303 OR
(435) 463-4999 TO MAKE YOUR
CABIN RESERVATIONS TODAY!
ASPEN MIRROR LAKE
1. Duck Creek Visitor Center - Is on Highway 14, across from Duck Creek Pond and campground,
2. Singing Pines Center - The trail starts across the road from the Duck Creek Visitor Center. You can get a trail
guide at the Visitor Center. The trail is about 1/2 mile long.
3. Old Ranger & Lost Hunter Trails - The trails start at the North end of Duck Creek Campground. The Old Ranger
trail is about 1/2 mile long. You can get a trail guide at the Visitor Center. The Lost Hunter Trail is about
3 1/2 miles long.
4. Cascade Falls - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take the gravel road South. At the first junction take a
right toward Navajo Lake. At the end of the meadow, there is a junction. Take a left. This road ends at the
trailhead. The trail to the falls is about 3/4 mile.
5. Bristlecone Pine Trail - Is on Highway 14 at about 2 miles west of the junction of Highway 148 which goes to
Cedar Breaks. It is on the south, just before you begin to drop down off the plateau. The trail is about 1/2 mile
long. You can get a trail guide at the Visitor Center.
6. Virgin Rim Trail - Starts at Woods Ranch on Highway 14 and ends at Strawberry Point. Trail is 32 miles long.
There are several access points. You can get a map at the Visitor Center.
7. Ice Cave - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take the gravel road south. At the first junction take a left
toward Willis Creek. In about 1/2 mile there is a junction for Ice Cave. Take a right. This road ends at the
cave. The cave is to the south of the parking area.
8. Bower Cave - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take Highway 14 east. At the junction to Mammoth Creek,
take a left. In about 3 miles, you will see a sign for Bowers Flat. Take a right. In about 3/4 mile you will see a
post on the left with a sign at the bottom. Take a left. There is a parking area on the left. A trail leads you to
the entrance to the cave, you go about 100 yards on the trail. Keep going as the opening to the cave is not
visible until you are right on top of it.
9. Mammoth Cave - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take Highway 14 east. At the junction to Mammoth
Cave, take a left. In about 5 miles, you will see a sign for Unita Flat and Mammoth Cave. Take a right.
Just keep following the signs to Mammoth Cave.
10. Lava Beds - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take Highway 14 west. There are many lava beds to see.
If you keep going on Highway 14, you will get to an information sign on the Lava Beds. From the sign you can
see the biggest Lava Bed on the Plateau.
11 North Fork Virgin River Road - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take Highway 14 west. At the junction
to Navajo Lake take a left. Keep following this road, it turns into the North Fork Virgin River Road. It will
take you to Highway 9.
12. Duck Creek Pond - Is just across from the Duck Creek Visitor Center.
13. Aspen Mirror Lake - Public access is on Highway 14 just down from Duck Creek Pond.
14. Navajo Lake - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center take Highway 14 west. At the junction to Navajo Lake
take a left. The lake is about 4 miles down this road.
15. Duck Creek Village - From the Duck Creek Visitor Center, take Highway 14 east. The Village is about
1 1/4 miles.
16. Horseback Riding - Located on the corner of Mammoth Creek Road and Highway 14. Horseback riding is
Events Schedule 2013
Sponsored by Duck Creek Village Association
Saturday, May 25th
Summer Kick-Off Party & Potluck
6pm to 10 pm: Live Music & Dancing with Most Wanted Band
Bring your favorite dish to share!
Location Duck Creek Dance Hall – Just Past True Value
Fri & Sat, June 28th & 29th
Panguitch City Balloon Festival in Panguitch, Utah
For info. Visit www.brycecanyoncountry.com
Thursday, July 4th
Brianhead Fireworks Show in Brianhead, Utah
For info. Visit www.brianheadtown.utah.gov
Saturday, July 6th
CMFPD Pancake Breakfast
8am to 11am: Fire Station on Mammoth Creek Road
Annual Independence Day Celebration Parade
7:00pm : Parade Line Up
7:30 pm: Parade Rolls from DC Dance Hall
6pm to 10pm Live Music Featuring Most Wanted Band (break for parade)
Fri & Sat., July 26th & 27th
Duck Creek Days Arts * Crafts * Chili-Cookoff
Fri. July 27th- 10:00am to 8:00 pm Vender Booths Open
Sat. July 28th - 10:00am to 8:00 pm Vendor Booths Open
6pm to 10pm Live Music & Dancing with Muddy Boots Band
Thurs, Fri. & Sat.
August 22nd-August 24th
Western Legends Roundup in Kanab, Utah
For info. Visit www.westernlegendsroundup.com
Friday & Saturday
August 30th& 31st
End of Summer Weekend Bash
6pm to 10pm Live Music each night at Duck on In Saloon (next to Loose Wheels)
Featuring Muddy Boots Band
Saturday, October 5th
Oktoberfest Party & Potluck
6pm to 10 pm Duck Creek Dancehall
Dress festive and bring your favorite Oktoberfest dish to share!
Saturday, October 26th
Village Halloween Trunk or Treat
4 pm to 5 pm: Start at Loose Wheels end at True Value/Dance Hall
DC Community Church Harvest Celebration & Party
5pm to 7pm: Catch a hayride from the Dance Hall to the Church
5pm to 8 pm: Haunted House at True Value
Saturday, November 30th
Christmas in the Mountains
Noon to 2pm: Santa comes to Duck Creek at Cedar Mtn. True Value
2pm to 3pm: Duck Creek Village Christmas Parade
6pm: Candlelite Parade Starts at Dance Hall and ends with a tree lighting ceremony in the Village. Live Nativity. Hot chocolate & snacks will be served.